Saturday, May 7, 2011

FOTD Request: Orange and Purple

The lovely Jasmine (owner of High Voltage Cosmetics) asked me to do a combo of orange and purple on Twitter one night... I had a few extra minutes one morning and decided to give it a go. I liked it, it was REALLY refreshing to do something bright-ish and interesting as I had been so boring for weeks. I think I should have used a warmer toned purple lipstick, but I feel like it would have been more berry instead of purple then. Oh well, I liked it and got a lot of compliments at work (and at the Chanel counter, which was surprising)

Speaking of which, I went by and tried the Vitalumiere Aqua. WHY?! It's fantastic, I'll admit it. My skin looks so nice and it actually matches very well, which is rare for me. I just don't think it's worth $56. I came home with two samples so I'll post a review soon.

As a note about the pictures, I did flash and non flash because flash was muddling the colors HORRIBLY. My camera hates oranges for some reason. The flash are the top photos and you'll tell when it switches to non flash... looks much better lol! (and more color accurate)

FACE:
- Mac Studio Fix Powder in NC20
- Maybelline SuperStay Concealer in Cream
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Light
- Physician's Formula Happy Booster blush in Natural (omg it's so pretty)

EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Inglot eyeshadow 395P
- Inglot eyeshadow 15AS
- Orange eyeshadow from Sleek Circus
- MUFE #5 eyeshadow (matte coral)
- Shimmering brown eyeshadow from WetnWild Vanity palette (very small amount)
- Mac Pearlglide liner in Lord It Up
- Maybelline One by One mascara

LIPS:
- Mac lipstick in Go For It
- NYX Chandelier megashine gloss






10 comments:

  1. Wow, I am loving that orange against your eyes!! Beautiful! I can't wait to see your review on the Chanel. I've been considering trying their foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when people wear orange, I think most people wear it enough and it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange you used! I love pairing orange and purple! You rock this look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like doing an orange eyeshadow look now! Sugarpill's Flamepoint is an amazing, perfect orange, as well. Have you tried her shadows? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange and purple FTW! The lid colour is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I luv this combo..I need to try purple and Orange for sure...and it looks really great with that purple lippie...oh and I see u used inglot...luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty!!
    I had orange and purple the other day, the color combo is just lovely :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blending of the eyeshadows! Great liner choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty! Love it with the purple lippie too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you look beautiful! I love that lippie on you :)

    ReplyDelete