Monday, May 16, 2011

'Ah Littehl Bit'a' English makeupz (and a sexy FOTD!)

A couple weeks ago, I went to a party some friends of mine set up every year called The Liquor and Lingerie Party. It was for a friend's birthday. I've never really been able to attend -- either because I had other plans or I wasn't comfortable showing up in my underwear. However, this year my husband and I decided to go. Of course I had to get all sexified...

*Warning: There's (covered) boobs ahead. If you don't like boobs, you may want to scroll past ;-)*



































































I don't remember what I used, to be completely honest, as it was a while ago. I want to say I used the light green from my Inglot palette and some silvers, also e.l.f. black liquid liner. The falsies are Ardell #139, which are a new style. If you like them, be forewarned that they are pretty uncomfortable. I had to trim the inner corners as usual and didn't do it quite right, but they are really heavy and the band is a bit thick and uncomfortable. I probably contoured my cheeks with Mac Prism... lips were NYX Cabernet lip pencil with WetnWild Mega Last 910D (Red Velvet), and probably topped with Estee Lauder Cherry Kiss gloss.

Someone asked about my hair at the party... wanna know what it was? Unwashed mess for 3 days, plus scrunch gel and styling product... really messy. I wanted to make it sex hair I guess, haha.

For good measure, one of my husband and I doing the romance novel cover pose:
























He's wearing some random white shirt and pajama pants lol. We shaved his chest for it lol!

So that's my random FOTD for you. I have more though! Robyn (Stay Beautiful) sent me a surprise package of UK makeup! I know I'm going over in a few days but I'm still totally excited. She sent me awesome things! (Of course I'm going to show you)


















Crappy picture is crappy.



















Left to right:
- MUA Lipstick, Shade 2: This is a gorgeous plummy rose shade. I usually overlook colors like this until I wear them and go "wow, rose goes with my complexion"... and this is only £1, bargain!
- MUA Lipstick, Shade 9: Oooh, how unusual is this? It's like a coppery brown with pink flecks. Very pretty. I've never seen a color like this.
- Sleek True Color Lipstick in Amethyst: This looks like a dupe of Violetta to me (I think she posted on her blog that it was)... the formula feels DIVINE, very creamy and smooth. (These are around £4)
- Sleek True Color Lipstick in Mystic: How well does Robyn know me? This color screams Wendy. I believe this is a new shade, as well!






















Left to right (top first):
- Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Liner in Blue: Oooh, a navy blue liquid liner! For some reason, this color is so hard to find here. Will test this soon.
- Collection 2000 Glam Crystals in Hustle: You can never have enough glitter liners, especially this one. I have this already but my tube is running low so a backup was much appreciated ;-) This is a gray-lilac base with tons of multicolored other glitter... green, gold, black... you name it. (£2.99?)
- MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner in Lovely Lilac: What's this? A lilac eyeliner for £1? How perfect. The shimmer in this is lovely -- I'm thinking of using this as an eyeshadow base as well.
- MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner in Bright Orange: Again, who does cheap orange eyeliners? Moreso, who does orange eyeliner at all? This is a great, traffic cone orange. I'm gonna have to play with this a bit to see how I want to use it!
- BeautyUK Metallic Sparks Pencil in Purple: This is a blackened plum shade versus purple but I won't fault a company for naming errors, haha! These are sort of like NYX jumbo pencils, they're about the same consistency. Bit creamy so I'm thinking I'll need a base under but still, love the colors! £2.49 for these - I'm nabbing the bronze and grey when I go over there!
- BeautyUK Metallic Sparks Pencil in Green: This is a GORGEOUS khaki-ish green shade. I've wanted a color like this for ages!
- BeautyUK Nail Polish in Smokey Lilac: This is an interesting shade for me. I tend to go for really glittery type stuff but I'm thinking this on my toes would be perfect! I don't like intense shades on my toesies :D (£1.99)
- Barry M Nail Paint in Dusky Mauve: ohmigosh. I wanted this when it released but people were saying they couldn't find it -- this is like Chanel Paradoxal... a dusky mauve with purple shimmer. Can't wait to wear this! (£2.99)

Anyway, that's what I have for you right now! I'm really going to try and work on some scheduled posts this evening for you... either way, I've got 6 lovely ladies guest posting for me while I'm on vacation.

Just in case I don't post anymore before I leave, have a good rest of May ;-)

13 comments:

  1. I love how you did your makeup for your sexaaaay party! ;) You look very sultry! I liked your romance novel pose haha... I hope you have a wonderful vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn that look is soo sexy and sultry...i luv the lipstick on u..u look amazing! luv the pic with ur husband too. Robyn is soo nive to send u this stuff..that barry m nail polish look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is damn sexy! I really love it omg! Aw you and you're hubby are so cute together. :D The collection 2000 glitter liner looks beautiful! I can't wait to see what you come up with using your new English-y stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your look for the party, it's super vampy! I especially love the lip colour on you. Also, LOL to the "boob warning!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the look is smashing, I can't believe how it changes your face !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!

    Robyn's pretty damn awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow u look so sexified & sultry! Wow what a great package to receive in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOOOOOOOBS! You look totally nom. You look so good in pin up makeup!

    Robyn chose you some gooood things :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so hot! Love the sexed up look! And what a fun themed party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone! It's amazing how falsies change your eyeshape, and red lips change your face ;-). I'm glad I went!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you look amazing! Love the slip, I'd probably wear it out as a dress :P I have to get Mystic and that orange eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete