Wednesday, January 11, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Swatches + Review

The blogging world has been abuzz about these arriving on US shores and I was curious to try some out! I found a display and I have to say that I had a really hard time choosing colors. I decided I was only getting 2 but the color selection was quite interesting, so choosing was difficult. Here's what I ended up with:





As you can see, I picked up 892 Amber Rush and 333 Golden Sage. I knew I wanted Golden Sage from the start as so many people had said the color was gorgeous, and I wanted another color to test that I didn't have a ton of dupes for... so I chose the bronze.

I got these at Walgreens for $7.99 each, which I find to be a bit expensive. They are 3.5g/0.12oz though, so you get a lot of eyeshadow for your money. For reference, a Mac eyeshadow is 1.5g/0.05oz. I'm just not a huge L'Oreal fan, so I feel like $8 for a single eyeshadow is SO much, even though it's really not.

Swatches, shall we? Both eyeshadows are done over bare skin.





The texture of these shadows is extremely strange. They are spongy like and almost like a cream eyeshadow, but they have loose pigment when you touch them with a brush. They are extremely pigmented and smooth and I had virtually no fallout when using both shades. Even with the creamier texture, I had no issues with fading or creasing either. I wore Amber Rush on my lids over primer for around 13 hours, and it still looked fab when I went to take it off before bed. These give an interesting finish to the lid -- almost like you've foiled a loose eyeshadow with so much less work!

There's not much to say about these other than that I really like them! I want to get a few more shades while hoping that they are in fact permanent, so that I can wait for a good drugstore sale to nab some. When swatching them in the store, I felt like the sparkling black was a bit sooty and weird, but others may love it for a classic black smokey eye.

Just to show you them on the eye, I used both for this EOTD. The only additional shadows I used were Jesse's Girl Eye Dust in Pixie Dust to highlight my brow and inner eye, and a little bit of a dark taupe to give the illusion of having eyeliner on.






Do you have any of these? What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. These colors really look great on you! I picked up 4 of these yesterday. I got Endless Pearl, Infinite Sky, Midnight Blue, and Eternal Black. I really thought about Green Sage, but I worry that I already have so many olive/sage greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty! They even go great together in your eye look :) I don't think I'll be picking these up, I have too many eyeshadows already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought exactly the same ones today and I also love them like crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great I'm on a no spending ban otherwise I would have picked them up.
    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Looks great on you! Thanks for the review. Glad to hear they do hold up! I did pick a few up yesterday on a BOGO1/2. I'm sending one to Australia and am keeping the other one. I think the color I'm keeping is Iced Latte maybe... haven't had a chance to wear it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golden Sage looks like a fairly close dupe for Chanel Epatant!!!
    I sense a shopping trip in my near future......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the look of Golden Sage... In fact I don't think I have a dupe for that... But probably do. I tend to avoid L'Oreal as being a touch too expensive for what it is too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your eyes in this ancient gold bronze combination! Their eyeshadows kind of reminds me of the ones from Armani! I didn't even know that L'Oreal got so nice shades, haven't been buying any of their products in ages! But they sounds like a keeper ;)
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  9. GET THE EMERALD AND RUBY SHADES SO I CAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU. <3 Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours! I have Burgundy Black and I absolutely love it! I'm definitely going to be picking up more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stumbling on this post. I was intrigued by one of your eye pictures and how funny that the two you got are the exact two that I got! Good choices *wink*

    ReplyDelete