Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mini Drugstore Haul (with lip swatches!)


I got a fair amount of new stuff from various drugstores on Tuesday, so I figured I'd do a swatchfest for you! I will do my best to provide where I got the items from and for how much.

First up, I got two more L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows. I love these! I think I'm going to stop myself at four total though, because none of the other colors really interest me.



On the left is Perpetual Purple, which I used in a look here, and on the right is Midnight Blue. I really love Midnight Blue as it's hard to find a shimmery dark blue that actually looks BLUE. I got these from CVS for $7.99 each, but they were buy one get one 50% off. I will say to go to Walgreens if you want to pick any up this week, as they are $6.99 for a limited time. I'm not sure if the buy one get one 50% off on L'Oreal cosmetics applies to these though, bit confused!



On the left is Milani Liquif'eye in Silver. This is insanely pigmented; I love these liners! I got this at CVS for a mere $1.57 as it's on some sort of clearance.

The middle is Rimmel's new gloss (at least in the US) called Stay Glossy, and the color is Black Diva. A black lipgloss, from the drugstore?! Yes. This was $4.99 from Rite Aid.

The right is Milani Glitzy Glamour Gloss in All About Me. I've wanted the Hourglass Siren lipgloss for months now, but I refuse to pay $28 for one lipgloss. I got this feeling like it would be a good substitute and might satiate the need; we'll see. I believe this was $6.99 from Target.



I also picked up some Cover Girl Queen Collection lipsticks (they're basically the Lip Perfections for darker skin tones). Heather got me Regal Raspberry for my birthday and I adore it, so I checked out the display at Target to see if there was anything interesting. These were $5.99 each and the first three swatches left to right are the lipsticks in the following order: Girly Pink, Royal Plum and Burgundelicious. I really struggled on whether I wanted Royal Plum AND Burgundelicious, but ended up getting both (whoops!). All three have a really gorgeous metallic finish. Girly Pink is going in my freelance kit and I may pull Viva Glam V out so that it can stay with me ;-).

The right shade is Milani Color Perfect Lipstick Mandarina. This was also on clearance at CVS for something like $1.79. I love these lipsticks -- they smell nice, are long lasting and not drying at all. This is a creamy orangey coral.

Onto the lip swatches!

Milani Glitzy Glamour Gloss in All About Me


Cover Girl Queen Lip Color in Girly Pink


Cover Girl Queen Lip Color in Royal Plum


Cover Girl Queen Lip Color in Burgundelicious - this one was a bit slippery. Lovely color but a pain to apply.


Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in Mandarina


Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss in Black Diva - The first picture is one thin coat, the second is two thin coats. I used a lip brush as this is for my freelance kit, so if you use it straight from the applicator it may be more opaque. It would definitely work over a black base.



Someone asked on Twitter if the black gloss had a scent; I couldn't detect one.

That's it for today, are you lemming anything right now?

18 comments:

  1. I really love Mandarina - adding that to my "want" list! And I'm very intrigued by the black gloss. It seems like it would work very well over a bright red to deepen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea there was a black drugstore gloss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I saw it and thought it was a mascara in the wrong place...

      Delete
  3. That Milani gloss looks definitely not unlike the Hourglass one. Mmmm delicious savings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girly Pink is awesome! Kind of reminds me of Morgana's Gilded Ballerina! Great haul! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love Mandarina! =) And I wonder how the black gloss would look over a bright red lippie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandarina looks amazing; I'll have to get it (and the black Rimmel gloss, of course) and see how they look together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The L'Oreal eyeshadows look really nice, I nearly bought the olive green one the other day but I do have a lot of similar colours already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes a super haul! Milani Liquif'eye in Silver caught my eye, I could see a lot of looks with that one! great swatches is what I say! and as for the black lips, they never stop to amaze us of how beautiful it is right!?//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the lippies! I'll have to look around for the CG Queen ones. I've been wanting those Miliani glosses but none of my stores carry Milani around here...boo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh a black gloss from the drugstore? I'll need to track that one down. I think the Milani gloss looks REALLY similar to Hourglass Siren. For $6.99, it is certainly a much better deal, Hourglass stuff is very pricey :(

    ReplyDelete