Friday, January 6, 2012

FOTD: The Smörgåsboard

I have a confession: I have a load of lovely things that people have sent me that I haven't reviewed or haven't posted about and I feel guilty! I use them but I've never sat down and done reviews for the bits and bobs. I am going to start doing little capsule/mini reviews soon but for now, I decided to do a FOTD with some of the items.

Another thing -- I've noticed that there are certain items that many beauty bloggers lust over and go on a quest to find. One of them is mint green eyeshadow. It's hard to come by and if you do find one, it's often not very pigmented or chalky. I managed to aide my quest by finding a minty eyeliner from NYX that I could use as a base, and then Lillian sent me a lovely Kiko shadow that is just perfect over it. So, that is the focus of this FOTD!






FACE:
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 23
- Mac MSF Natural in Light Medium
- Maybelline Mousse concealer in Light

EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NYX eyeliner in Teal (as an eyeshadow base)
- Kiko eyeshadow #108 (pale, gold shimmering mint green on lid)
- e.l.f. Brightening Eye Quad in Ethereal (two far right shades mixed in the crease)
- Mac eyeshadow in Marvel smudged along the upper lashline as liner
- Jessie's Girl Eye Dust in Pixie Dust (inner corner)
- Kiko eyeliner in #102 Pearly Lilac (lower lashline)
- Maybelline Illegal Length mascara (in blackest black, review to come)

LIPS:
- LA Colors lipgloss in Blazing Violet (sheered)

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh, now I'm going to have to go to Kiko. Although I was going already. Damn you woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, mint green is a fav of mine! mint green is also super easy to love! though the green you've used looks a bit warmer, but that could be the camera, eh?/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahh mint green. So elusive. This is why I want Illamasqua 'Bedaub'. Perfect mint green base... I do love the combo you've got going here though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that mint green! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that crease color! Also, your eyebrows are legit in these pics! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRETTY. That combo is just delectable. I can't say I've ever hunted for a mint eyeshadow, but come to think of it, the only one I own is Concrete Minerals Detox and it doesn't have the smoothest application.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love mint green! Very pretty look!

    ReplyDelete