Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favorites of 2010

Since everyone else is doing it... lol!

I think I took this template from Alliebunni? Sorry if I didn't credit that properly. I liked the way she layed (laid? I can never remember how it goes) these out.

Here we go!

Skincare:

- Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser: I've already done a review on this, so you know what's up.

- Olay Quench 24 Hour Moisture Lotion: This has been redone under a different name but I think it's the same lotion. I bought a new bottle as mine was empty (did I mention that this is the only bottle of lotion I've ever fully emptied? I end up giving them to someone else).

- Clinique "Step 2" Clarifying Lotion: I'm using this instead of my Merle Norman Toner. This is soooo much better on my skin. Not as drying and really gets makeup out of the pores.

Haircare:

- L'Oreal Ever Pure Volumizing Shampoo/Conditioner: Wasn't expecting to love this, but I do! I'm not a huge fan of the conditioner's scent, it's a bit minty for me, but it works really well. I've seen a noticeable difference in my hair since I started using it (and no sulfates or crappy things either!)

- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle: Smells like a tropical dream in a bottle. I only use this once every few weeks as I don't need a lot of moisture. I usually just use it for the smell LOL


Makeup:

Face

-
CoverGirl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer: Perfect and budget friendly. I am worried they are discontinuing it though as I am finding it hard to locate... will have to buy a backup tube.

- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation: I know this is odd for me -- but I do love the foundation. I'm just not a huge heavy coverage fan you know? It gives such a nice finish though!

- Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Concealer: Cheaper than Mac Select MoistureCover and covers better. I've already done a review... not much more to say there.

- Sleek Rose Gold blush: I got this as a gift from the lovely Robyn and oh my gosh, I love it. I wear it SO much. I have to force myself not to use it.

- Hard Candy Living Doll blush: This is my 2nd most used... it gives such a perfect glow on my skin! I love it for days when I'm going light on my makeup as it still makes me look healthy.

- MeMeMe Moon Beam highlighter: Dupe for Benefit High Beam and much, much cheaper. You can't go wrong. I got this on a recommendation expecting not to like it but I absolutely do. I use it nearly every day with my blush, or even without!

Eyes

- Sleek eyeshadow palettes: Great value, amazing pigmentation and quality. Just a shame they aren't available outside of the UK. They REALLY need to fix that! They would be huge in America.


- WetnWild eyeshadow palettes (specifically 6 pan, LE and permanent): Wet n Wild knocked it out of the park this year! I used to like their old formula 3 pan palettes (I used up 3 of the Belgian Chocolates ones prior to becoming really into makeup). They have the best matte formula in the drugstore, hands down.


- Urban Decay Naked Palette: Had to have at least one high end makeup palette, right? Love this. I did a review back in August and I'm still smitten with it. Sidecar is amazing and the general range of colors is fantastic for everyday or a going out look.


- Mac Pearlglide Eyeliners: These were limited editions from the MAC collection and from Tartan Tale... I have 3 and absolutely love them. They are very waterproof and have a slight glitteryness to them without being obnoxious. They NEED to be permanent. I am so sad that I missed Designer Purple!

- e.l.f. Liquid Liners: I have 4 now: Midnight, a black, plum, and a silver (I label them that way because the last 3 came in a set unlabeled, so I'm not sure if they are the same as the ones on the site). I really love them. I am a bit of a liquid liner noob and the pointed tip on these make it super easy and foolproof.

- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara: Only including one mascara since it's really down to personal preference. This was my favorite that I tried this year.

Lips

- Mac Up the Amp lipstick: You knew this would be here.

- Maybelline Pink Please Color Sensational lipstick: You also knew this would be here :) It's a nice satin mid-toned pink. Bit blue toned but perfect for everyday wear.

- Boots Natural Collection Lipstick in Petal: Loooove this. Robyn also sent me this and it's just perfect.

- Mac Nymphette Lipglass: A nice golden pink gloss. I like lipglasses and their scent so this is just love for me. I haven't used it as much lately but I'm down to 1/3 of a tube or so.

- NYX Chandelier Lipgloss: You've probably seen this A LOT in my FOTDs posts... I use this when I don't know what else to wear. It's a sparkling pink with a ton of glitter.

Nails:

- China Glaze Tempest: A lovely "blurple", very high shine. I wore this for almost 2 weeks solid and just kept touching up any chips, which were few and far between.

- Orly Pixie Dust: A lovely grey/blue with silver shimmer. Gorgeous.

- Zoya Kelly: I got this more recently and loved it. It's a steel grey that turns to a teal color in certain lights. Very fascinating.

- Color Club Wild At Heart: A perfect dark purple holo.

- Essie Demure Vixen: I tried to pick one from each brand that I like... this one is a lilacy-grey with hidden shimmer. Wore this for 2 weeks or so as well.

I think that's all! Did I miss anything? lol!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I so want that Hard Candy Living Doll blush. Looks so pretty and girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love reading other people's favs. I have always wanted to try L'Oreal Ever Pure..but never knew if it was worth it, now I will pick it up next time it is on sale.

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always pick up Living Doll when I see if but put it back down. Next time I'm going to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your picks! I am really into Hard Candy, that living doll blush you use is such a pretty color. I have read so many great reviews on the Aussie 3 minute miracle, I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete