Saturday, January 1, 2011

FOTD: New Year's Eve!

I know everyone and their mom is posting their New Year's Eve makeup so I'll just join the happy club.

Bear in mind that I've only ever worn false lashes 3 times (including last night) in my life... the first was before I knew how to do makeup, at all, and they were untrimmed and terrible. The second was for my Lady Gaga costume and those were sorta ok-ish. Last night I had an issue with the inner corners staying glued down! I was sure to put extra glue there and then even went back in to re-glue them and they just wouldn't stay. I think it's my eye shape. Even though I trimmed them down, I think my lashes turn up or something on the inner corners so the falsies have nothing to adhere to.

Anyway, here it is. I used the sample of Mac 3D Silver glitter that Robyn sent me... holy cow, it is glittery but MESSY. Still loved the look :)












































































FACE:

- Clinique Redness Solutions daily base
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation #115
- Maybelline Super Stay concealer "Cream"
- Mac Studio Finish concealer, NW20
- Physicians' Formula Bamboo Powder, Translucent
- MeMeMe Moon Beam highlighter
- NARS Sin blush

EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil
- Ben Nye Ice eyeshadow
- Golden purple from the Wet n Wild Sugar Plum palette
- Revlon Mattte eyeshadow in Aubergine
- Mac 3D Silver glitter
- Urban Decay Distortion glitter liner (to adhere glitter)
- Max Factor Masterpiece mascara
- Ardell Sydney false lashes
- e.l.f. Black liquid liner
- Mac Stars n Rockets (over black liner)

LIPS:
- Maybelline Pink Please lipstick
- Boots High Shine gloss in Whisper

Hope you enjoyed! In case you were wondering what I had in my hair...

























It's a little headband from Forever21, though they are popular at the moment so you could find a similar one anywhere.

Last part of the post is what I made last night! I actually cooked some appetizers and things... homemade oreo truffles, buffalo chicken dip, stuffed jalapenos and a vegetable crescent roll twist. Rob fried up some jalapeno "coins" as well and made a lovely dipping sauce.



















Hope you had a good New Year's and I am SO looking forward to 2011!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The lashes are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! with great makeup AND cooking skills! you're the perfect lady! :P
    love your eotd and love the hair thingy too :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! Love the makeup and the glittery eyes! Plus now you made me hungry and it's already 3am here :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, I love that headband. I need to see if the Forever by me has one. Those lashes look like fun too, I can't wear them really well either. They make me tear up so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glitter and crazy lashes are the most perfect NYE makeup ever :) You look gorgeous Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyes look beautiful, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year!!! I love the false lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the lashes and the glitter! And you cheeks look so radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! So stunning! Really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, u did a fantastic job, love the eye makeup, looks stunning, love glitter :)

    That food looks delicious too :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god, that looks AWESOME. That glitter always looks awesome with purple - even if it is a bitch :S Also, that nom looks nommy! Idk what Oreo truffles are but I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year! The glitter looked fantastic! Oh and all that food...yum! What's an oreo truffle? Is that like a deep-fried oreo? Oh, hell...who cares, lol...still sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the look and all that sparkle !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely look! I especially like the glitter with the lashes. And the food is making me drool. :P

    ReplyDelete