I know everyone and their mom is posting their New Year's Eve makeup so I'll just join the happy club.
Bear in mind that I've only ever worn false lashes 3 times (including last night) in my life... the first was before I knew how to do makeup, at all, and they were untrimmed and terrible. The second was for my Lady Gaga costume and those were sorta ok-ish. Last night I had an issue with the inner corners staying glued down! I was sure to put extra glue there and then even went back in to re-glue them and they just wouldn't stay. I think it's my eye shape. Even though I trimmed them down, I think my lashes turn up or something on the inner corners so the falsies have nothing to adhere to.
Anyway, here it is. I used the sample of Mac 3D Silver glitter that Robyn sent me... holy cow, it is glittery but MESSY. Still loved the look :)
- Clinique Redness Solutions daily base
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation #115
- Maybelline Super Stay concealer "Cream"
- Mac Studio Finish concealer, NW20
- Physicians' Formula Bamboo Powder, Translucent
- MeMeMe Moon Beam highlighter
- NARS Sin blush
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil
- Ben Nye Ice eyeshadow
- Golden purple from the Wet n Wild Sugar Plum palette
- Revlon Mattte eyeshadow in Aubergine
- Mac 3D Silver glitter
- Urban Decay Distortion glitter liner (to adhere glitter)
- Max Factor Masterpiece mascara
- Ardell Sydney false lashes
- e.l.f. Black liquid liner
- Mac Stars n Rockets (over black liner)
- Maybelline Pink Please lipstick
- Boots High Shine gloss in Whisper
Hope you enjoyed! In case you were wondering what I had in my hair...
It's a little headband from Forever21, though they are popular at the moment so you could find a similar one anywhere.
Last part of the post is what I made last night! I actually cooked some appetizers and things... homemade oreo truffles, buffalo chicken dip, stuffed jalapenos and a vegetable crescent roll twist. Rob fried up some jalapeno "coins" as well and made a lovely dipping sauce.
Hope you had a good New Year's and I am SO looking forward to 2011!