Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Purchases Before My No Buy (with swatches)

I picked the worst month to go on a makeup no buy. I really did! All these new collections are coming out and I cannot have. No new makeups for Wendy.

Prior to going on the no buy, I ordered some items online in mid to late December that have finally arrived. Instead of doing individual reviews on these items (I have so many posts lined up, I gotta clear out somehow), I figured I'd do a bulk review/haul on them.




















The Asian items (towards the center) were sent to me by a lovely girl I did a CP for a while back... I didn't even know it was coming! She is a total sweetheart and the items are amazing! I've never had Asian makeup before. I am impressed so far.

















First up, e.l.f. Hypershine Glosses. These are a dead dupe for Stila's lip glazes in terms of the packaging and many of the colors. I don't know about the formula as I've never owned any Stila ones. However, I do love these e.l.f. glosses, I am really surprised! I picked them up in a 5 pack set from Target around Christmas. It was an impulse buy but totally worth it. The gloss is nonsticky and lasts about 4-5 hours on me, some even stuck around after eating.
The colors in the picture are (left to right): Berry Cherry, Pageant Princess, Ruby Kiss, Raspberry and Au Naturale.
It looks like Berry Cherry is the only one available individually but their stock could be low on the website so the others have been temporarily removed. Anyway, try these out! The brush to apply is a little strange but that is because I'm not really used to it!

























I ordered some discount Urban Decay items from AllCosmeticsWholesale. My first time ordering from there and I'm surprised I didn't go crazy! The two eyeshadows are Strip and Revolver (a matte) and the purple liquid liner is Ecstasy. The two bottom liquid liner swatches are from another e.l.f. set I got at Target -- a plum and a black. There was a silver too but that one is honestly shite and I didn't leave it in the picture. If I ever get this gallery feature working on the site, I will have a smokey eye look posted with the two UD Shadows.























The swatches on the left are my Asian goodies... excuse me before I try and name the brands, etc. because the packaging was difficult to tell what was what. The top is a Mosaic lipstick #10, the middle is Dodo eyeshadow #P28 and the blush (bottom) is Mio Piccolo flower cheek #2. Wow, these are gorgeous! I love the blush! The swatch on the right is Lorac Rhapsody eyeshadow. I swatched this in Sephora and had to have it. I haven't used it yet so I will report back on that or use it in a FOTD post!













































This is Stila Adventurous in Aspen. What a cute little palette! I didn't expect it to be so compact. I can't seem to locate any labeling of the eyeshadows, but I think it might be on the back of the palette. The colors are (left to right, eyeshadows): Snow Angel, Glisten and Icicles and Ajax. The blush is a convertible lip and cheek color in Rosy. What a pretty blush! I like Snow Angel and Glisten, but Icicles and Ajax are a bit of a let down. These are not over primer though so we shall see. This would be good for on the go makeup needs.

That's pretty much it! I haven't had a chance to review everything but I like what I got. I also got a cute pair of shoes for $10:



















Wore them yesterday and they are a wee bit uncomfortable but for $10, I can't complain!

I also got a Z Palette but unfortunately it arrived damaged :( I have contacted the company and will wait to post anything further until I get a response from them. I have a bad feeling about it, the palette is busted on the bottom corner and also looks used. But we shall see.

Coming up I've got a new concealer review, a comparison of NYX's new lipstick formula versus Mac's new formula, Fyrinnae swatches, Shiro Cosmetics review, and also a review of the huge Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles palette! Stay tuned :)

9 comments:

  1. Good for you for going on a "no buy" month. I am thinking of doing the same, or at least really limiting myself to one or two things. And, interestingly enough, I am thinking of ordering a Z-palette myself. What a great way to organize shadows and use more of what you already have. Too bad about yours arriving damaged. But, yes, I know, lots of fun stuff coming out. At least we kinow there will "always" be something new coming out. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost got that exact same Stila palette during their holiday sales. I'm interested to see how you like it. I have a ton to review as well and a wish list a mile long. Gah! Never enough to keep up :) I only own Urban Decay's baked bronzer....other than that, nada. Am I off the boat or what? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of those Stila eyeshadows, those are such great little palettes. If you like the payoff with a primer you should post a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooo, you got the Kat palette! Jealous! Interested to know whats happening with the Z palette, I was going to order a couple.

    No buys suck... I think I have to go on one soon. Oh and the asian blush looks cuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pammy: I'm glad I did it (esp because my husband finally got work auth so we will have money SOON, and it's good to save up in the mean time) but it's SO difficult. My mom wants me to pick out a blush for her and I dread going into the drugstore.

    @Baroque: I will probably do a separate review then, a couple of people are interested in those! Primer will hopefully help. As for Urban Decay, they are hit or miss. Right now I am pissed at their single eyeshadows, frankly. Had a horrible experience this morning. Love the Naked palette though.

    @Tracy: Will do :) May not be a full post but I will add it to the gallery if I don't want to do a full post.

    @Robyn: I did! It was $30 with Sephora's Clearance discount... I had to give it a shot. No offense to anyone who likes it, but Sinner perfume stinks. For real. Like gag worthy. Saint smell a'ight. The makeup is REALLY nice and the lashes look lush. Excited to review it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great haul! that stila palette is nicer than I thought...and yeah..a no buy month sounds like something I should do to considering I just spent $97 on the peacocky collection..but the shadows r sooo pretty!!!

    http://icosmetic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Stila palette looks beautiful! Looking forward to your Shiro review :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! i got that stila palette too and i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a nice haul, hope it will keep you footed in your no-buy month :-)

    ReplyDelete