Friday, January 7, 2011

FOTD: Wild Pride (har... har...)

I picked up the Pride and Lust palettes from Walgreens a while ago (it was probably in a haul post at some point) and finally got around to using them. I did a pretty good look with Lust but it creased like crazy for some reason so I didn't have a chance to photo it. I will redo it at some point for you!

Anyway, I won't be doing a review of these as I'm sure you've already seen 17,681 blog posts about them and if you haven't... Google. :)

My only complaint with Pride was the sparkling white shade (upper right). That eyeshadow sucked. Really. Bad. It was just pure glitter and I had no luck trying to get it to stick except on my face! I ended up putting the matte white over top instead and loved the way it came out.

Here it is!








































































FACE:

- Mac Studio Fix Powder, NC20
- Maybelline SuperStay concealer, Cream
- Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer, Ivory
- NYX Terracotta blush

EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil
- WetnWild Pride palette (all colors except shimmering green)
- Mac pearlglide eyeliner in Petrol Blue
- Revlon matte eyeshadow, Vintage Lace
- Maybelline the Falsies mascara

LIPS:
- Boots Natural Collection in Rose Bud (lipstick)
- Boots High Shine in Whisper

23 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I just picked up the pride one; I have lust and greed. I was wondering what I could do with it. I hope you don't mind if I borrow this look from you. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so pretty! I own this palette and will definitely be trying to recreate this look on myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look on you! The close up of your eyes straight on is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I wish I could pull off this palette as well as you! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the make-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty look and I love that eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty and nicely applied :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eee! Beautiful and flawlessly blended :) The blue eyeliner is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very beautiful! The blending is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, Wendylicious, that is s***ing gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Looks gorgeous on you Wendy!!! LOVE this look! You take such good photos! I have this palette too, but haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet, I too picked it up during the 50% off sale and will maybee do a mass review on all the color icon palettes that I havent reviewed already, but yah, like you said, there are tons of reviews out there. Looks so pretty on you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look, the Pride palette is (like the other palettes) very easy to work with, I love the Lust and Vanity palette to pieces ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that's my favorite look that I've seen from you! It came out gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh you look like that actress from Alias lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks awesome! I must try this look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tagged you for stylish blogger award !

    check out my blog for the rules !

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not to sound rude or anything. You look gorgeous here, but if I were you I'd use an eyebrow shade which is more similar to your hair colour, less yellowish brown I mean. I love love LOVEE your eye make up here. I love how it looked on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Dyna: That's ok :) My eyebrows in real life actually perfectly match my hair, the problem is that 1) flash makes the eyebrow shade a lot more red than it is, and 2) the lack of flash directly on my hair makes my hair look darker than it is. My hair in real life is actually an auburn red so the eyebrows match. It's a real pain to show it accurately -- if I photographed it outside, it would look more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic! I love the whitish lid with it - I probably would've used it as a highlight, but it's so pretty on the lid.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Somehow I just managed to see this... it's a few days late but I had to comment! I love this! Petrol Blue is so pretty... *drool*

    ReplyDelete