Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Shades from Maybelline Color Sensational (Spring 2011)

I was on a hunt for these and FINALLY got them...

In case you haven't noticed, my no buy has turned into a low-buy :). Yes, I know, I failed. I found the new WetnWild items at one of my local Walgreens, and they were 50% off, and it just... happened. Now I'm just being conservative and watching how much I buy. I wanted two of the shades from this line's Spring collection so I waited until Walgreens did buy one, get one 50% off and nabbed the two I was lusting after.

There were 6 new colors available: Pink Satin, Pink & Proper, Fuchsia Fever, Fifth Ave. Fuchsia, Red Revolution and Ruby Star.

What did I get?
















You guys already know that I love the formula on these. The line has a variance of colors, are long wearing and moisturizing.

Fifth Ave. Fuchsia is admittedly a standard creamy, blue-toned pink. In the tube, I think it looks spot on identical to Mac's Girl About Town. I don't own the Mac one so I can't say for sure; Girl About Town may have a bit more of a hot pink/magenta overtone. Even though the color isn't particularly unique, I only have one other hot pink so I welcomed this one.


















I swatched this side by side with MUA Shade 3 lipstick (I don't have a pic unfortunately) and the two look REALLY close as well. I don't know if you UK ladies get this lipstick line but at least you have the MUA lipstick to fall back on! The Maybelline formula is a bit more moisturizing but with the MUA one being only £1, you can't really complain.

On the lips:













Ruby Star
is the other shade I got. I am trying to expand my red lipstick collection and let me tell you, this one is a stunner. Take a look:








































Do you SEE the multi coloured glitter in this baby? WOW! Most of it actually transfers when swatched as well! I am surprised as a couple of companies have tried the red lipstick with glitter thing and all of the ones I've seen, the glitter does not transfer at all (I'm looking at you, Estee Lauder Extravagant Red). Mac Wham from the Dazzle Collection is the only other one I can think of that properly transfers, but it's a glitter lipstick so... duh?

On the lips:














Just a quick swatch pic side by side...

























Overall, love these. They are easy to find, budget priced, and often on sale... in a TON of colors. Approved for purchase!

10 comments:

  1. The 5th ave fuchsia reminds me of a tropical vacation color. The kind of lipstick you'd wear out for dinner with some golden bronzer & mascara after a hard day pool side. I think I need a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these, I swatched them on my hand and they are fab and lasted alll day, I had to scrub it off lol! I'm just waiting for them to go on sale :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tracy: LOL <3 your comment. So true! Hope you get that vacation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Minou: Doooo it. Buy one, get one 50% off at Walgreens =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL on the failed no-buy :) Both lipsticks look amazing, I haven't tried any of the color sensational lipsticks *must resist* lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady! You won a blog award :) http://darlinggirlcosmetics.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color sensational line. I have a few in this line. Both of those are so pretty, and I need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete