Friday, May 21, 2010

Quick Ben Nye swatch post

*Squeak*

Got a few Ben Nye items... I was good. I don't have a lot of spare money at the moment as I had to lend money to my boyfriend for visa application stuff, and we've got another £350 filing fee to pay within a month (that's like $550 for anyone that doesn't know the exchange rate).

I wanted to go for some of their brighter colors, but to be honest, I was being crowded at the store and was a bit uncomfortable. The only local retailer that sells this brand is a small vintage/costume shop that I've visited quite a few times. It threw me off because I usually get left alone in there. Instead, the owner brought a big black board out with all of the eye products secured to it, set it on the counter and proceeded to hover while I tested colors with a Q-Tip. On top of that, there were 3 other girls behind that same counter hovering. Very uncomfortable. I like testing makeup in peace.

So I picked up the Gold pearl sheen eyeshadow (I think that's what they're called). I got this instead of Aztec Gold... AG was a bit bronzey and less foiley on me. I wanted it to work, but it was $3 more and I liked this one better. From the Lumiere line, I picked up Ice and Turquoise. Ice is a very shimmery white, which I think will satisfy my need for a good white. Turquoise is my long lost lover that I've been searching for.

I will do a look incorporating these sometime in the next few days... I was thinking I'd get more, but meh. I also need to do my Morgana Minerals post tomorrow.

Excuse the crappy hand swatch... I had stuff all over my left hand so my right hand was the only free space I had, and I'm obviously right handed =P.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice colours! I hate being crowded by sales people too, makes me feel very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty pretty! I have 2 ben nye shadows and I love them, would like to pick up some more one of these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lillian: I like to be able to play and not be watched and pitched a sale to.
    @Nina: If you don't have a retailer near you, I'd be glad to pick up a few things for you. It's literally 10 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, thanks sweetie! I actually found a decent ebayer who I've purchased from a few times, but thanks for the offer. LOVE the Ben Nye Cake Liner, use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, then i don't want them, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER come back...

    ReplyDelete
  7. eToro is the #1 forex broker for beginning and advanced traders.

    ReplyDelete