Friday, November 4, 2011

Sleek PPQ Me Myself and Eye Palette Review + FOTD (+ OOTD!)

Lillian was lovely enough to send me the limited edition PPQ palette recently and I've had a chance to swatch and play with it... so here's a quick review!


This won't be too in depth as honestly, a lot of the Sleek palettes are similar in quality. This one is no exception. It was only available online, for £6.49 (about $11). You get 12 shades of varying finishes and textures.




Upon first glance, I sort of went "Wha?!" at this palette... there's a really interesting mix of cool and warm tones, shimmery and matte, and neutrals and brights. Nothing is insanely bright, but that shimmery lilac does stand out in the bottom there. I will say, before we even get to swatches that there are some similar colors from prior palettes:

Barry White: Standard shimmery white as seen in Circus (this version is more pigmented) and Bad Girl, to name a few.
Black Box: Their standard matte black that is in virtually every palette.
Salt 'n Peppermint: Unique, as far as I'm aware.
Simply Red: Similar to Bloody Mary from Curacao, this may be SLIGHTLY lighter.
Pink Beret: Like Pamper from Oh So Special without the shimmer.
Primal Green: Unique as far as I can tell. They've done olives, but not in this same tone.
Fade to Grey: Pretty unique, though they've done other greys in Bad Girl.
Blue Monday: Unique.
Supernova: Like Wrapped Up from Oh So Special, but this may be lighter. Maybe more like Sand Walker from Monaco.
Chris De Burgundy: Unique.
Lilac Allen: Identical to Lotus Flower from Monaco.
Golden Silvers: I can't find a match but I swear I've had a pale yellow from them before!


Left to right: Barry White, Black Box, Salt 'n Peppermint and Simply Red.

Salt 'n Peppermint is nice, no? I like the red of course, as well.


Left to right: Pink Beret, Primal Green, Fade to Grey and Blue Monday.

Blue Monday is a really lovely blackened green. Primal Green has a really pretty gold undertone.


Left to right: Supernova, Chris de Burgundy, Lilac Allen and Golden Silvers.

CHRIS DE BURGUNDY OMG. Love it.



Top is natural light and the bottom is flash.

All of the colors were insanely pigmented and smooth. Even the mattes were superior quality to what you find in a higher end brand. Supernova and Pink Beret were the least pigmented, if I had to pick one. The burgundy is just amazing and was worth the $11 price tag just on it's own! I thought the color array was odd at first but now that I've used it a few times, I really like it. I like the odd combinations and the fun you can have by doing a bit of experimentation.

For my look, I tried a cut crease and sort of liked how it came out. I like it in photos but I'm not sure if it works on my eye! I think in person, it makes my face look strange. Anyway, here you go:







FACE:
- Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer in Fair to Light
- Mac MSF Natural in Light Medium
- Maybelline SuperStay Concealer in Cream

EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- Sleek PPQ Palette: Barry White (lid and inner corner), Pink Beret (inner crease and lower lashline), Chris de Burgundy (cut crease and lower lashline), Simply Red (to blend out crease)
- Revlon Matte eyeshadow in Vintage Lace (brow)
- Smashbox Limitless eyeliner in Onyx
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara (Black)

LIPS:
- Boots Natural Collection in Rose Bud
- Essence gloss, unknown name (it's a purpley green duochrome)



I decided to go really casual for work today. I didn't feel like wearing tights so I wore my new knee high socks instead with my favorite boots. I think they're really cute, even though they make me look like I'm 10.

Outfit:
Necklace - Accessorize
Top - Old Navy
Skirt - Levi's brand
Socks - Forever21
Boots - Olsenboye

10 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS. The cut crease is awesome. And, I can't help it, Chris de Burdundy CRACKS me up. Haaa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ooh ooh I love the look of Chris de Burgundy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look on you, the colours make you look very fresh! Great swatches but this is in fact the only Sleek Palette that doesn't give me cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! Love the look you did with this palette! I have have to try to recreate this look some time. Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!

    http://aintanotherguru.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sleek palette! I don't have this palette but they look quite pigmented

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look, it's super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute necklace! I really enjoy the shape of your eyeshadows and the cut crease.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love the socks lol!!! great outfit and I love the look

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looove the look of Chris de Burgundy, Primal Green and Lilac Allen. And your crease is purrdy, so shush!

    ReplyDelete