Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ABCs Tag and a video from England (the first, anyway!)

I'm back from England! We had a really nice trip. I got to meet some of my husband's extended family, explore London and even got to meet a fellow blogger, Robyn! It was so much fun, I'm a bit bummed to be home. I always visit and say that I could totally live there but then I think about my family and friends here at home and get homesick. So anyway, it's nice to be home.

I hit 500 followers while I was on vacation so first off, welcome to my new followers (I think there's 10-15 of you!) and as promised, I will be doing a giveaway of a few bits, including some China Glaze Tronica polishes! I just got home last night so I'll try to get the giveaway up tomorrow. I'm still deciding what I want to do for it and would love some reader input: if I made additional entries for submitted looks, would you do it?

I don't have too much in the way of posts to do, I'll have some follow me around/day in the life videos from my vacation and will probably post a few of the more interesting photos I snapped in a separate post. I did buy makeup and clothes in England, so if you want swatches of the makeup bits, let me know! Soon I'll post the video I recorded with Robyn showing what we bought (INGLOT!) so you guys can all see :)

In the meantime, I do have a video and a tag to post. First up, the video. It's basically shopping with me in England at Morrison's and Asda (grocery stores), so you get a little idea of what food prices are like over there:



Next, the tag. I think I took this off of Lillian (Funny Face's Place)... it seemed kinda cute.

A. Age: 23
B. Bed size: Queen! Even though it's a borrowed bed -.-
C. Chore you hate: Toilets! I will admit that the disposable Clorox wands have made my life easier but just... ugh. I hate getting near it.
D. Day: Tuesday.
E. Essential start to your day: Agreeing with Lillian, brushing my teeth. Can't stand that taste, yuck!
F. Favourite colour: That's really tough, I bounce back and forth a lot. I'd say purple because it's what I like most of the time.
G. Gold or Silver: Silver looks better on me, though I do like antiqued gold and pale gold.
H. Height: 5'1
I. Instruments: None really now... used to play violin but then lessons got too expensive (and the rental, my parents couldn't afford to buy me one outright), and same with guitar.
J. Job title: Paralegal/office manager/phone grunt
K. Kids: Don't have any and not sure if I ever will.
L. Live: Virginia Beach, in the USA!
M. Mum’s name: Kathy.
N. Nicknames: Wendus, Wendelias, Wendelina (thanks Amanda for all of those, lol), Woozer (parents, don't ask), Shortstuff, 'Hey You', Dork and Babybee (Rob)
O. Overnight hospital stays: Never done!
P. Pet peeve: I have lots but right now I'd say it's people who think that because it's the internet, they can be a jackass.
Q. Quote from a movie: "Fuckin' prawns"
R. Right or left handed: Right.
S. Siblings: One older brother, an older half brother and an older half sister
T. Time you wake up: Around 6:30AM
U. Underwear: Oh man, how personal is that? Um... I have some on.
V. Vegetables you dislike: Lima beans, BLEH, I also don't really like zucchini unless it's hidden well in my food. I like the taste of cucumbers but not the seeds.
W. What makes you run late: Uh... I'm female? Usually I don't start getting ready early enough before what time I need to leave the house.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Just teeth and my foot a while back after I dropped something heavy on it.
Y. Yummy food you make: I do good pasta, I'm admittedly crap at cooking meat unless it's in a pan where I can easily keep an eye on it. My confession is that I've never cooked a steak! I also do good cheesecake.
Z. Zoo: Haven't been much, the local one isn't that awesome.

Anddd... that's it! I'm tagging anyone that wants to do it :). Anyway, good to be home and I'll get back to blogging soon! <3

3 comments:

  1. WOW....I can't believe how low their food prices are, especially for the produce! I wish fresh veggies were that cheap in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I work in Morrisons! And I thought our veg was kinda expensive! Jeeeez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screw you America, I ain't payin' yo kiwi prices! And I know I said I'd send you stuff but I'm morally against Branston pickle. And that beer isn't beer beer, it's boozy ginger beer and it rules ^^

    ReplyDelete