Friday, October 28, 2011

FOTD: Sugarpill Bit 'O Fail (and OOTD)

Sorry I haven't been posting much! I've been using my Meow shadows and I seem to have a major problem with creasing and fading for some reason. I'm not sure why. I thought it was the shadows, so today I used Sugarpill instead but I've already got a tiny bit of fading on my left eye and it's been about 2 hours since I applied the shadows. I'm really at a loss -- I don't understand why I'm having issues. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, let it dry, then apply Darling Girl Glitter Glue (a tiny amount), let it get tacky, then the shadows. I've never had this many issues before.

As for this being a bit of a fail, I realized after I did the look that on the last Sugarpill look I did, I used blue on the lower lashline. Probably the same color. Ugh... I need some inspiration on different shapes to do. I'm feeling a little boring. It doesn't help that I'm very annoyed with my camera... it just takes shite pictures of my looks!






FACE:
- Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer in Fair to Light
- Mac MSF Natural in Light Medium
- Maybelline SuperStay Concealer in Cream
- Sleek blush in Suede

EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Darling Girl Glitter Glue
- Sugarpill eyeshadow in Asylum (all over lid)
- Sugarpill eyeshadow in Hysteric (crease)
- Sugarpill eyeshadow in Starling (lower lashline)
- Jesse's Girl eye dust in Pixie Dust (inner corner)
- Smashbox Limitless eyeliner in Onyx
- Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara (Black)

LIPS:
- Clinique Lipstick in Silvery Moon


Outfit:
Top - The Limited
Skirt - Forever21
Belt - Unkown
Tights - Forever21
Boots - Rack Room, Limelight brand
Necklace - Charming Charlie

12 comments:

  1. I want Starling, Hysteric and Asylum. Oooh. Can't wait till they release the new pressed shades and then I'm gonna put a big order in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I wanted Asylum, but when I ordered some pigments they were out of stock. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the glitter glue is drying matte, or not transparent. This would cause your shadows to appear to fade out. Just an idea :) I also don't let my TFSS dry before applying Sugarpill, never have a fading or creasing issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her eyes, there gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm maybe you should change primer, or check the expiration date. though shadows insurance is not my favorite primer, don't understand what everyone likes about it. try to apply an eyepencil a bit on the lid and smudge it with finger or brush. that works as a primer for me at emergencies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fail schmail. Or rather, primer fail. Wendy win. Love the skirt and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty look! Not a fail! These colors are amazing! Sorry you have been experiencing creasing :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally not a fail! This is freaking gorgeous!!! Your outfit is totally cute and matches your makeup perfectly! Lurve!

    I hope the creasing/fading issue clears up soon... It stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This isn't a fail. Asylum is a difficult color to pull off, and you do so effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful beautiful!! I've been searching for a red red eyeshadow like this! :) Nice outfit!!

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, I love the eyeshadow combination. It's too bad that the primer didn't work out well. Have you used the glitter glue with other Sugarpill shadows? Maybe they just don't play well together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit, as usual! I am really in love with this look! The colour combo is awesome and I love how metallic it looks! Also, I'm excited because I just ordered a bunch of the colours you used from Sugarpill yesterday, SWEET! I have recently had a bit of a creasing issue and I think it is because I depotted a bunch of old UDPP's after cutting open the packaging. The consistency of it seems more "wet" now or something and it isn't working as well, dangit!

    ReplyDelete