Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Current Hair (Ombre) and OOTD!

Just a quick post to talk a bit about my hair and my OOTD :)



Nearly no makeup and looking ragged (SO tired today) but I thought you guys would be interested. I plan on doing the blonde sections in a pale pink. Because my hair is so dark and I don't like damaging it (who does?), me and the girl who does my hair decide to do 2 bleach sessions using 10 volume developer each time, instead of say, 20 or 30. It got pretty light with the first round of 10 under a hair dryer, so we figure the next bleaching should get it pale enough to put the pink on. We'll see... we're bleaching again tomorrow so that I had time to deep condition it twice. It's looking a little worse for the wear right now as I badly need a trim; she's going to do that after the bleaching is done so my ends are frazzled, sorry!

Onto my outfit and a closeup of my tights for today:



Top: Old Navy
Necklace: New York and Company
Skirt: The Limited (a gift from my lovely husband!)
Tights: Unknown, gift
Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory, Mootsies Tootsies brand

That's all I have for now!

10 comments:

  1. Sweet. I had ombre before the blue, I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair! It will look great once done. Good to see your not damaging it either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove your hair. it's going to look awesome when u dye it pink! And that necklace you're wearing is absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, you are giving me so much hope! I am *dying* to go copper red but my hair is just so dark and it's already not in the best condition so I figure it's all just going to snap off if I try stripping it :/ But I mean, that colour you have at the ends now is pretty damn close to the colour I want... What to doooooo?! But yes, pink will look so cool on you, loved the blue from your Halloween post as well! And I want that necklace so badly..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brows are looking good bare! Have you been doing something to them?
    Also pink will look super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I <3 the necklace too, I've already worn it 3 times since Christmas!

    @Aoife: There is hope! Haha. I like your hair dark mostly because of the style of makeup you do, but ginger is always a cute color. Be warned though it does come out uneven when you use the lower developer + bleach like I did. I have sections that are orangey and some that are lighter, BUT it looks sort of cool and more natural that way. Just be prepared to deep condition it a few times -- it will be SO sticky and tangled after you bleach it. That's the only part I hate :(.

    @RaeRae: My brows were actually done for this, bit faded, but I pretty much always do them or I look psychotic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to see the pink. Looks pretty hot now though too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UNF, love this outfit so much! Especially the necklace, and the pop of color in the skirt. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I actually really like how it looks blonde, once the pink fades you must leave it blonde for a while simply so I can drool over it ;]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the skirt, coloured skirts are very on-trend right now. I just bought a red one for work! Also, I really want that necklace! It is a bit "goth" in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete