Monday, September 12, 2011

Sleek Pout Paints Mini Review + Pictures

My favorite English woman ever, Robyn, kindly sent me a goodie package recently... and guess what was inside?


Along with other bits which I'll show later, she got me Pinkini, Peek-a-Bloo and Mauve Over.


Left to right: Pinkini, Mauve Over, Peek-A-Bloo

These retail for £4.99 (or $8 USD) and sell at Superdrug. They go on 3 for 2 occasionally, so keep your eyes peeled.

Ingredients:
Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Bees Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Glycol Distearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), ,Octyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyiglycerin, Fragrance
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, D&C Red 6 Cl 15850, D&C Red 7 Cl 15850, D&C Red 27 Cl 45410, FD&C Yellow 5 Cl 19140, FD&C Blue 1 Cl 42090, Iron oxides (Cl 77499, Cl 77492)

They've done an across the board list for all colors instead of including colorants in each one. While I don't mind it, I know some people want to know what colorants are in each individual shade, as some people have allergies and need to avoid certain ones. 

These do have a slight fragrance, it's lemon but not in your face. I hate the smell of lemons and I can tolerate the smell of these, so it's really not that overpowering.

The purpose of these is a smooth lip gloss that applies with the opacity of a lipstick. Now, you may be wondering why someone wants a blue lipgloss... but the purpose of these is for mixing, as well as wearing alone. They even have a white in the range, which would lighten any of the other shades. 

The applicator is a tiny little squeeze tube hole, which is great for squeezing out a small amount onto a lip brush. You literally need a pin-head sized amount for your entire mouth -- these are VERY pigmented. The amounts shown in the swatches would probably cover my lips three or four times over.

So far, I really like these. It's a mini review as I haven't tested them too much yet -- but these have serious staying power from what I can tell. I mostly wanted to show you swatches and a few colors I came up with (as usual, top is natural light, bottom is flash):

Pinkini



Mauve Over



Peek-A-Bloo



Mauve Over + Peek-A-Bloo




Pinkini + (little) Mauve Over + Peek-A-Bloo



Pinkini + (little) Peek-A-Bloo



Pretty cool, huh? I can't wait to get Pinup (Red), Lava (Orange) and Cloud 9 (White) to make more colors! I wish I had gotten the white the first time around, as it would have been helpful to lighten up some of the darkness in the shades I made. Lilac lips, here I come!

In case you were wondering what I look like with the Mauve Over + Peek-A-Bloo mixture:


My big 'ol head, for your enjoyment.

Hope you enjoyed, and I hope you check out the Pout Paints if you can -- I think they're great fun and would also be good for makeup artists!

8 comments:

  1. I love your mixes! I really need to do more with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing, these are such fun colours! :)

    exxxotic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixtures are great! I love Mauve Over just on its own too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should sell thise in Canada! OCC Lip Tars are WAY too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing posts about these all over the place and the more I see them the more I want them. My mind is just racing with all the possibilities for all kinds of amazing fantasy looks! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinkini looks awesome! What fun! That Robyn sure is awesome for sending those to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh I know I have a ludicrous amount of lip products but IIIII waaaaaant theeeeeeese.

    ReplyDelete