- Three 3g jars of shadow in Mylar, Wino and Diesel
- Two large samples of Pineapple and Routine
- Two small samples of Courtesan and Mad Molly
Altered Ego can be purchased from their Etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AlteredEgoCosmetics
3 grams of product sells for $2.95, and they don't sell samples individually. That being said, the price is very good for the 3 gram jar, you get a lot of product in there. They run specials such as 3 for $6, or 5 for $10, so you're essentially getting $5 off if you order 5 shadows. They have also started doing lip products, which are $3.50 each.
The ingredients for each shadow are clearly listed on each individual eyeshadow listing on Etsy. When you receive the shadows, there is a nice sticker on the top with the name of the company and the name of the shade is visible.
They do accept orders from outside of the US.
Left to right: Diesel, Wino and Mylar.
Diesel is a really fascinating chocolate brown with strong green flash. I've not seen a shadow with quite this much green flash before!
Wino is a shimmering berry burgundy. Satin finish, not a lot of shimmer.
Mylar is a glittery purple-grey-taupe with gold shimmers.
Left to right: Pineapple and Routine.
Pineapple is an orange-yellow with gold shimmer. Very soft finish and pretty unique.
Routine is a navy blue with a violet base. It shifts color depending on the lighting.
Left to right: Courtesan and Mad Molly.
Courtesan is a golden yellow with hints of silver sparkle. Hard to describe.
Mad Molly is a blue-pink with a bit of silver shimmer.
The shadows all had a similar consistency, with Mylar being the most sparkly and therefore loosely packed. When I used Pineapple, I had a bit of fallout but nothing terrible. Mylar had more fallout, which is understandable as it's got such a load of gold glitter throughout.
Overall, I am impressed with the colors I received. I feel like the website showed the colors accurately and I received what I expected when I choose my colors. Tessa was very helpful and nice throughout the entire process... I'm excited to see what they come up with in the future!
Here is the FOTD I did with some of the colors. I was a bit rushed for time so it's nothing special. I have since used Mylar and it's a REALLY interesting shade, I'll have to post something using it soon!
- Cover Girl Tinted Moisturizer in Fair to Light
- Maybelline Superstay Concealer in Cream
- Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer in Light
- Mac MSF Natural in Light Medium
-Milani blush in Dolce Pink
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Altered Ego Cosmetics eyeshadow in Pineapple (lid and inner lower lashline)
- Altered Ego Cosmetics eyeshadow in Wino (crease and outer lower lashline)
- Altered Ego Cosmetics eyeshadow in Diesel (foiled as liner)
- Wet n Wild Vanity Palette (pale gold for highlight and inner corners)
- Maybelline Define A Lash Volume Mascara (Brown Black)
- Maybelline lipstick in Pink Please
- NYX gloss in Chandelier
DISCLAIMER: Post contains products sent for review by owner. This does not change my opinion of said products and I received no monetary compensation for this review.