Monday, December 5, 2011

Hunger Games Inspired: Effie Trinket

I decided to take some inspiration from The Hunger Games series as I just finished reading all three books. I have reviews up on Goodreads (if you want to be friends, here's my profile: http://www.goodreads.com/cydonianmu). Anyway, onto the makeup!

 
Effie Trinket is a bit of an odd character, you never really know who's side she's on. She's characterized by often wearing shades of pink and even having a light pink hue to her hair. I saw some photos from the upcoming movie and didn't want to copy her makeup exactly, but instead take some inspiration from the idea of the character and what I would wear if I happened to have light pink hair. Here's what I came up with:






One more to show the glitter:


FACE:
- Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Base
- Mac Studio Fix Powder in NC20
- Maybelline Super Stay Concealer in Cream
- Mac MSF in Semi Precious Crystal Pink

EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Inglot eyeshadow in 14AS (lid and lower lashline)
- Inglot eyeshadow in 441P (outer crease)
- Inglot eyeshadow in 491DS (to darken crease and lower lashline)
- e.l.f. Shimmer Pencil in Precious Pink (lower waterline)
- Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Powerful Purple (smudged on upper lashline)
- MUA Glitter Liner in Shade 6 (hot pink glitter, on the upper liner and inner lower tear ducts)
- Jessie's Girl Eye Dust in Secret Weapon (inner corner)
- Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara in Black

LIPS:
- Cover Girl Lip Perfection in Siren

What do you think of this series? Are there any characters you really want to see? Let me know!

9 comments:

  1. Goooorgeous! I love it. Please do Rue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the inner corner color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo this is one of my favorite looks that you've ever done! The inner corner colour, the glittery liner, the hot pink lips.... It's just gorgeous! Plus this would look absolutely awesome with light pink hair..

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous! love the hint of glitter, & that lipstick is too pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, I really ought to get around to reading the series but I think I'd still like Battle Royale better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blurry one so the sparkle really gets in the picture! sparkle is so hard to catch, and that's the main thing one want to show right!?
    And those pink lips.... YUM for that colour is what I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I just finished reading this series last week! SO GOOD!!! Pretty look for Effie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look. The sparkly pink glitter is gorgeous on the eye. I really like the lip color you paired it with, it works so well with the look. :D

    ReplyDelete