Hi, guys. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Vijaya from Fierce Nerditude, and for those of you who do, hola! Bet you weren't expecting me here!
In any case, Wendy's blog is one of my favorites, full stop, so I was really excited to get to do a guest post. I really hope you all love it as much as I enjoyed writing it. <3
For those of you who know me, you'll know that there are few things I love more than purple, so I did an all purple FoTD! I used some shadows from the True Love Palette by Kat Von D!
- Medium shader (MAC 239)
- Fluffy, oval shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
- Kat Von D Eyeshadow in Cholita (Matte black with red-purple glitter)
- Kat Von D Eyeshadow in Skiba (Medium soft purple)
- Kat Von D Eyeshadow in Missy (White with purple iridescence)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencil in Perversion (SUPER black)
- Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara in Onyx
- Evil Shades Deviant Lipstick in Zicke (Silvery purple)
I primed my eyes and patted Cholita all over the lid with the 239. I took Missy on the 217 and highlighted the browbone and then took Skiba on the same brush and blended it into the crease. I lined all around with Perversion and then used the Hourglass Fim Noir Full Spectrum Mascara.
Zicke is a nice color, but it isn't pigmented at all. To get the level of pigmentation I had in the picture I had to scrape some of the lipstick out of the tube, melt it onto my lips by pressing them together, then use my finger to spread it out. Twice. If you have a better silvery purple/lavender, I'd recommend that instead!
I skipped blush for this one. If you're curious about what I did for foundation: I primed my face with MAC Prep+Prime Face Protect and then buffed MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC50 all over my face with the Too Faced Retractable Kabuki.
One more picture for good measure!
My lips look a little raisin-y in that picture. Oh, well! Hope you all enjoyed!